Thursday, July 19, 2012

"The Baby" by Blake Shelton

This has been one of my favorite days since the first time I heard it.
Love my Mom and Daddy!

THE BABY - by Blake Shelton
My brother said that I was rotten to the core
I was the youngest child, so I got by with more
I guess she was tired by the time I came along
She'd laugh until she cried, I could do no wrong
She would always save me because I was her baby

I worked a factory in Ohio, a shrimp boat in the Bayou
I drove a truck in Birmingham, turned 21 in Cincinnati
I called home to mom and daddy, I said, "Your boy is now a man"
She said, "I don't care if you're 80, you'll always be my baby"

She loved that photograph of our whole family
She'd always point us out for all her friend's to see
That's Greg, he's doing great, he really loves his job
And Ronnie with his two kids, how 'bout that wife he's got
And that one's kinda crazy, but that one is my baby

I got a call in Alabama, said, "Come on home to Louisiana"
And come as fast as you can fly 'cause your momma really needs you
And says she's got to see you, she might not make it through the night
The whole way I drove 80 so she could see her baby

She looked like she was sleepin' and my family had been weepin'
By the time that I got to her side and I knew that she'd been taken
And my heart it was breakin', I never got to say goodbye
I softly kissed that lady and cried just like a baby

http://youtu.be/Jnf82BCQV68

No comments: