Sunday, November 3, 2013

Make your day happy

During my last trip to Jamaica, I was sitting outside the hotel waiting for my ride just "people watching" like I so often do.  I was watching the bellmen, the lobby staff, the "room service deliverers", etc.  They are always so happy with a smile on their face.  They greet everyone with a cheery "Good Morning" and are there to respond to the resort guests every need.  But this isn't what I was thinking about that morning.  I mean, I know this is just a part of their job.  What I was thinking of was that I am sure they wake up some mornings not feeling "cheery".  I am sure they have times when the "high maintenance" resort guests really annoy them.  And I am CERTAIN that they get sick of answering the same questions over and over and over again.  But ... they still come to work every morning with a smile on their face and cheerful words for everyone. 
This made me think .. if I was FORCED to do this every day, how would my days be different?  I am pretty sure if I was always positive, making someone else happy, I would probably feel much better than I feel on those days that I feel like nothing I do is right. 
I am not a super negative person and, Thanks to my Parents great example, I USUALLY try to make others happy by giving compliments, smiling at someone, or thanking them for a job well done.  But there are always those days that I would rather just sit by myself and not "deal" with anyone else.  Those people at my hotel in Jamaica ... they don't have that option.  Their job requires that they "deal" with people and they do it with a smile whether they want to or not. 
I am going to try my hardest to do this .. just to see if making someone elses day can make my own day better, too.

1 comment:

homyonline said...

Thank-you for the info Heating and Cooling Toronto.
Split AC LG Zamil Classic Gree